STRP (Short-Term Regular Exchange Program)
STRP is an arrangement made between the University of the Ryukyus and other affiliated universities which enables students to come to the University to research and take classes related to the student's major.
1. Major Studies Course:
2. Japanese Language and Culture Research Course (Advanced Level)
3. Japanese Studies Course (Intermediate Level)
4.Japanese Studies Course (Basic Lavel)
＊Please refer to Application Guidebook for further details.
1) The student's university must be affiliated with the University of the Ryukyus and also be a part of the US-UMAP.
2) Applicants must either be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students who have finished the second year of study at their home institution, or be graduate students. If applicants are junior college students, they must be in their last year of university.
3) The student must be proficient in Japanese at the level required for each given course; however, there are cases where Japanese proficiency is not required. Be sure to read each course description carefully.
＊Students of the Major Studies Course can attend Japanese Language Courses offered by the International Student Center but credits will not be given by the University of the Ryukyus. Students will be given proof of course attendance.
1. Admission in April
1) April - September (1st semester only; about half a year)
2) April - March (1st and 2nd semesters; about one year)
2. Admission in October
1) October - March (2nd semester only; about half a year)
2) October - September (2nd and 1st semesters about one year)
＊The Basic Level Japanese Studies Course is only offered in April.
2015-2016 Application Guidebook (PDF)
Application Package (PDF)
① Application Form for STRP ＜Form1-7＞ （Word）
② Certificate of Health ＜Form8＞（PDF）
③ Application for Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence （Excel）
Preferable arrival date: March 31
Placement Test: April 1-3
Guidance for Japanese Class Registration: April 7
Orientation: April 9
Classes: April 10 – August 13
Semester Exam: July 31 - August 12
Summer Vacation: August 14– September 23
Preferable arrival date: September 25
Placement Test: September 28-30
Residence Registration: October 2
Guidance for Japanese Class Registration: October 2
Orientation: October 5
Classes: October 6 –February 17
Winter Vacation: December 29 –January 4
Semester Exam: February 4 - February 10
Spring Vacation: February 18 –March 31
*This schedule is subject to change without prior notification.
*Classes differ depending on courses offered.
Japanese Ⅲ B
Japanese Literature I
＜International Student Center＞