STRP (Short-Term Regular Exchange Program)
STRP is an arrangement made between the University of the Ryukyus and other affiliated universities which enables students to come to the University to research and take classes related to the student's major.
1. Major Studies Course:
2. Japanese Language and Culture Research Course (Advanced Level)
3. Japanese Studies Course (Intermediate Level)
4.Japanese Studies Course (Basic Lavel)
＊Please refer to Application Guidebook for further details.
1) The student's university must be affiliated with the University of the Ryukyus and also be a part of the US-UMAP.
2) Applicants must either be enrolled as full-time undergraduate students who have finished the second year of study at their home institution, or be graduate students. If applicants are junior college students, they must be in their last year of university.
3) The student must be proficient in Japanese at the level required for each given course; however, there are cases where Japanese proficiency is not required. Be sure to read each course description carefully.
＊Students of the Major Studies Course can attend Japanese Language Courses offered by the International Student Center but credits will not be given by the University of the Ryukyus. Students will be given proof of course attendance.
1. Admission in April
1) April - September (1st semester only; about half a year)
2) April - March (1st and 2nd semesters; about one year)
2. Admission in October
1) October - March (2nd semester only; about half a year)
2) October - September (2nd and 1st semesters about one year)
＊The Basic Level Japanese Studies Course is only offered in April.
2014-2015 Application Guidebook (PDF)
Application Package (PDF)
"Which Course is the Most Suitable for You?" (PDF)
① Application Form for STRP ＜Form1-7＞ （Word）
② Certificate of Health ＜Form8＞（PDF）
③ Application for Certificate of Eligibility for a Status of Residence （Excel）
Preferable arrival date: March 28-29, April 1
Placement Test: March 29, April 1-2
Guidance for Japanese Class Registration: April 9
Orientation: April 10
Classes: April 11 – August 13
Semester Exam: August 1- August 6
Summer Vacation: August 14– September 23
Preferable arrival date: September 22
Placement Test: September 24-26
Residence Registration: September 30
Guidance for Japanese Class Registration: September 30
Friendship Party: October 1
Orientation: October 1
Classes: October 2 –February 13
Winter Vacation: December 27 –January 4
Semester Exam: February 2-February 6
Spring Vacation: February 14 –March 31
*This schedule is subject to change without prior notification.
*Classes differ depending on courses offered.
Japanese Ⅲ B
Japanese Literature I
＜International Student Center＞
＜Faculty of Low and Letters＞